Re: Some Requirements

Le mercredi, 24 sep 2003, à 09:27 America/Montreal, Dan Connolly a
écrit :
>> As another example, I have a digital camera with which I've taken
>> 3000+ pictures in the past two months (!).  I'd like to give each of
>> those pictures an r1 URI so I can record information about the
>> pictures.  These are mostly pictures of my kids, so I really need x1:
>> I want the pictures and metadata to co-exist happily in 50 years.
>> Also I want r2 URIs, so people can see the pictures!
>
> If enough people want to cooperate with you to keep the pictures
> available, you can use something like freenet. Otherwise, I don't
> see why the Internet/Web should meet this requirement. There's
> no such thing as a free lunch.

For social reasons, but it's a bit out of scope. The technologies is
never neutral in terms of implication in the society, and the
mechanisms you create can have "good" or "bad" influences on this
society. (The terms good/bad taking a lot of different meaning
depending on who uses it and for what, another level of philosophical
statements.).

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***