RE: Terms and statements (was: consensus and ownership)

I'm a little confused about the connection between truth and meaning, at least as it pertains to terms, by themselves or as components of a statement; or maybe this is your point. As a simple, perhaps trivial example in first order logic, consider a constant c which refers to some object.
What is the meaning of c?
Is the meaning of c ambiguous?
How is a URI different from a constant?
What is the truth value of c?

In my way of thinking, the truth doesn't become a consideration for c until the application of a relation to c. Meaning, on the other hand, can be said to be the witnessing of an object by c. Does this make sense or have I missed the point here?

Thanks,
James