Re: Various out-of-date SVG-in-OT specs/drafts

Since the last message below, I’ve received notes from folks in two companies who assumed

https://www.w3.org/2013/10/SVG_in_OpenType/

was the latest-and-greatest spec, despite the note in the Abstract that it is a proposal. It doesn’t help that it is the top hit in internet searches for “OpenType SVG”, in my informal experiments.

I think the effort would benefit from a clear deprecation notice on this document along with links to

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/svg.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/cpal.htm

as was done with some other out-of-date documents.

Do folks agree? If so, who would be able to do that?

Thanks,
Sairus