Re: Updated draft coming up

Hello Sairus,

> This would be a good draft for the Chair to publish as this group's first
> "Report."

> Changes so far from the "unified draft":

> - Use CPAL. Thread "FW: [mpeg-OTspec] COLR, SVG tables: sharing color
> palettes".
>   I'm trying to obtain a standalone CPAL proposal to reference.

So if CPAL changes, the svg-in-OpenType spec would not change, right?

> - Remove wording around font bounding box (thanks, Nikos). Discussed in
> "Unified draft of SVG-in-OT" thread.

> - Not permitting foreignObject.

> Others?

Not permitting foreignObject is an obvious first step, but that
implies that all of the rest of SVG is permitted.

I could reasonably foresee one or two profiles of SVG
- static (non animated) SVG profile for OpenType
- animated SVG profile for OpenType

However, those would also be separate documents. And these might be
recommended subsets, or might be minimal supported subsets (ie you
have to do this and you can do more). So perhaps some vague
language such as

"Specifications which reference SVG in OpenType may choose to
establish minimal conformant subsets of SVG. Such profiling is outside
the scope of this specification."

or something like that. In other words, it may happen, but not in this
spec, which is stable.

[chair hat]
Please let me know when the draft report is available, and I will
issue a call for consensus to publish the report. I would expect a
one-week period for objections, given that the diff from the previous
spec is small. After that, it will be published as a Community Group
Note.
[/chair hat]

--
Best regards,