From: Levantovsky, Vladimir
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 4:09 PM
To: 'Leonard Rosenthol'; Sairus Patel; Edwin Flores (eflores@mozilla.com); public-svgopentype@w3.org
Subject: RE: Glyph bbox concerns

I believe the concept of the “large BBOX” makes sense when you consider an animation effect and how a glyph would be rendered on a timeline. See attached for an example of what I consider a plausible behavior. It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to imagine that someone may want to design fonts that have this kind of a behavior or something conceptually similar – e.g. when animation is an intrinsic feature of a font design that complements its graphic representation.

Thank you,
Vlad