From: Sairus Patel <sppatel@adobe.com<mailto:sppatel@adobe.com>>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:15:10 -0800
To: "public-svgopentype@w3.org<mailto:public-svgopentype@w3.org>" <public-svgopentype@w3.org<mailto:public-svgopentype@w3.org>>
Subject: RE: Subsettability of the SVG document

Hello all,

I haven't heard from anyone, so let me highlight a particular question from my message below as a starting point for discussion:

Is this sort of subsetting of an SVG document something that's done today for other reasons? Or would be this a new thing?

I'm wondering about the state of tooling in this area. Ease/practicality of subsetting is an important consideration in the new format we're designing.

If you think I should ask this on www-svg@w3.org<mailto:www-svg@w3.org> I'd be happy to -- let me know.

Sairus