Re: Agenda for the call 6/14

My regrets as well. On sick leave as well.

Dirk

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2018, at 6:10 PM, Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com<mailto:amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>> wrote:

Regrets; i'm sick this week. Do try to make good minutes for me!
~Amelia

On 14 June 2018 at 17:03, Bogdan Brinza <bbrinza@microsoft.com<mailto:bbrinza@microsoft.com>> wrote:
During next week call we need to discuss how to turn existing comments and resolutions into specification edits to position us closer to publishing updated CR.

Please see attached mail on the distribution and we’ll need to figure out next steps on the 41 issues that have been resolved and need to be reflected in the specification. We’ll be trying to assign owners to issues and define timelines.

Hope to see everybody on the call!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bogdan Brinza <bbrinza@microsoft.com<mailto:bbrinza@microsoft.com>>
To: "www-svg@w3.org<mailto:www-svg@w3.org>" <www-svg@w3.org<mailto:www-svg@w3.org>>
Cc: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liam@w3.org<mailto:liam@w3.org>>, "chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>" <chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>>
Bcc:
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:48:50 +0000
Subject: Disposition of comments since the last published SVG 2.0 CR
Hello,

As discussed on the call where we resolved to publish updated CR for SVG 2.0 together with the FPWD of SVG 2.1 – I took the time to review all issues opened since September 15th 2016.

The results are captured below and before we get to those I’d like to outline the criteria I’ve used when triaging the issues, as well as the new milestones defined for the project:

Milestone changes:

  *   Deleted milestones: SVG3, SVG Core Cleanup
  *   Created/updated milestones: SVG 2.0 Updated Candidate Recommendation, SVG 2.0 Recommendation, SVG 2.1 Working Draft

Criteria:

  *   Anything that would be blocking updated CR publication got SVG 2.0 Updated Candidate Recommendation milestone: 0 issues
  *   Anything that we should do before publishing SVG 2.0 Recommendation got SVG 2.0 Recommendation: 41 open issue ranging from full chapter reviews to trivial non-controversial editorial changes
  *   Anything that is not blocking either and can be addressed in SVG 2.1 got SVG 2.1 Working Draft milestone: 149 issues

The full results are below (I’m sending this message in HTML format to capture the table, but it should be readable in plain text to my best knowledge).

Here is the ask I would have on the promotion changes 2.1 -> 2.0 or 2.0 Recommendation -> 2.0 Updated CR. Please make those actionable for the group and along with the request to promote something attach a PR with the actual specification change.

Chris / Liam – I didn’t identify any changes that should block SVG 2.0 Updated CR publication, how should we proceed from here?

Issue

Comment

Milestone

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/269

This is a work item required to publish SVG 2.0 specification, not a comment on anything in the specification. We'll keep this active and make SVG 2.0 blocked by this.

SVG 2.0 Recommendation

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/271

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/272

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/273

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/274

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/280

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/282

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/283

This work would be out of scope with the current SVG Working group charter https://www.w3.org/2017/04/svg-2017.html and we'll address this in the future. Assigning 2.1 milestone and this is not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/284

We'll be tracking changes since 1.1 (additions, deprecations and changes) in SVG 2.0 specification itself: https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/changes.html and very likely won't have group capacity to this the proposed list of changes outside the specification.

This is not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - closing this issue

Closed

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/285

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/286

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/287

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/288

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/289

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/291

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/293

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/297

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.0 Recommendation. We would want to fix this before publishing 2.0 Recommendation, but it's not urgent for updated CR

SVG 2.0 Recommendation

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/299

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/302

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/303

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/305

This has been resolved in CSS WG and I don't think there is anything required from SVG WG. This is certainly not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication. Closing the issue

Closed

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/306

We'll keep this at risk for SVG 2.0 updated CR publication based on the discussion in this thread and will clarify the final standing when we get closer to 2.0 Recommendation - setting that milestone.

SVG 2.0 Recommendation

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/307

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/309

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/312

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.0 Recommendation milestone to clean this up before 2.0 REC

SVG 2.0 Recommendation

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/313

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/314

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/315

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/317

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/319

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/320

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/321

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/322

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/323

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/324

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/326

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/328

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/329

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/331

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/332

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/333

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/334

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/335

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/336

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/337

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/338

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/339

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/340

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/341

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/342

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/344

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/348

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/349

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/350

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/351

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/352

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/358

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/360

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/361

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/362

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/363

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/364

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/365

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/366

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/367

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/371

To my best knowledge this discussion won't result in specification changes. Closing this and not assigning particular specification publication milestone

Closed

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/373

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/375

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/377

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/379

To my best knowledge this discussion won't result in SVG 2.0 specification changes - closing the issue and not assigning any publication milestone

Closed

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/381

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/382

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/383

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/385

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/388

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/390

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.0 Recommendation milestone to clean this up before 2.0 REC.

With that said I understand that this is 1.1 - we should revisit this after 2.0 publication, which is likely 2.1

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/391

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/392

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/393

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/394

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/401

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/404

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/405

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/406

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/410

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/411

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/419

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/420

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/421

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/422

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/423

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/424

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/427

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/436

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/440

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/448

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/454

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/456

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/461

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/462

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/463

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/466

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

SVG 2.1

https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues/467

Not blocking updated 2.0 CR publication - assigning 2.1 WD milestone

[Message clipped]