Re: meeting at TPAC, agenda planning

Hi Chris,

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 16:10 -0800, Chris Lilley wrote:
> Hi Tav!
>
> On 09-Nov-17 09:04, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
> > ** 'font-variant-ligatures', etc.: Implemented with GUI in public
> > release.
> > * etc.
> >
> > I have tons of test created while these were being implemented that
> > can convert to reftests. I've started doing so at:
> >
> > https://github.com/Tavmjong/web-platform-tests
>
> Could I see the font-variant-* tests? I had a look in
> https://github.com/Tavmjong/web-platform-tests/tree/master/svg and
> didn't see them, maybe I was looking in the wrong place or they are
> not
> converted yet. If the latter, would like to see the unconverted tests
> if
> possible.

This is one feature I don't have good tests for... I'm not sure how to
create a good ref test other than by using a special font. The best I
have is the example from my blog post which works in at least in
Firefox and Chrome on Linux (and Inkscape if you have the font
installed):

http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/wp-content/uploads/FONTFEATURES/font_varia
nts_example.svg

Blog post:

http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/?p=1442

You can play with font features in the latest released version of
Inkscape (0.92) using the Text and Font dialog, Variants tab. The
development version will also show you visually what is in the OpenType
tables 'salt', 'ss01' etc. if you expand the "Feature Settings" section
(requires a recent version of the harfbuzz library).

Tav