Re: Redo of the SVG Accessibility Appendix

Thanks Jason.  I will take a to-do to reference the corresponding WCAG
requirements. I fixed the spelling error. :-)

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:   "White, Jason J" <jjwhite@ets.org>
To:     Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     "public-svg-a11y@w3.org" <public-svg-a11y@w3.org>, SVG WG
<public-svg-wg@w3.org>, SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Date:   03/24/2015 09:53 AM
Subject:        Re: Redo of the SVG Accessibility Appendix

> On Mar 23, 2015, at 18:12, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Here is the first rewrite in the editors draft. It highlights the need
to produce revised Accessibility authoring guidelines document when we are
ready.
I agree. If we have at least an early draft (and a stable URI) to cite
before SVG 2.0 moves to the next stage of the W3C process, we should
include it as an informative reference in the appendix.

Also, to clarify why the designated features of SVG are relevant to
accessibility, it may be helpful to cite pertinent WCAG 2.0 guidelines in
the first part of the appendix. For example, the features that support
keyboard interaction assist in the implementation of guideline 2.1; the
WAI-ARIA support pertains to guideline 4.1.2, etc.

In section E.1, first paragraph, for “accessibility relates
specifications” read “accessibility related specifications”. I didn’t
notice any other errors.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and
delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.