SVG Accessibility Task Force

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:33:26 -0600
To: public-svg-a11y@w3.org
Cc: Fred Esch <fesch@us.ibm.com>, "SVG WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>

Fred Esch and I will be chairing the SVG Accessibility Task Force and we
would like to establish a first meeting time for 1 hour.

Fred and I are available:

Thursday 11am eastern;
Friday, 9-11 am eastern, 1-3pm eastern, and 4-6pm eastern.

For those who want to participate please respond to this email on the new
public-svg-a11y list with your name and times that you are available. If
needed we will move to an online poll.

Here is a draft of the Task force work statement:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

One of the key pieces of work will be to to develop WAI-ARIA semantics
specific to graphics such as charts,  STEM, and other complex graphics. A
challenge for our group will be to define scoping so that we can get
manageable chunks out to accelerate access in this space.

Best,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger