W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > October to December 2014

Minutes, 16 October 2014 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:31:21 +0200
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.xntrujofdhsuf5@gnorps>
Minutes:

     http://www.w3.org/2014/10/16-svg-minutes.html

and the same as text:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     SVG Working Group Teleconference

16 Oct 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2014Oct/0011.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/16-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           [IPcaller], ed, Smailus, Doug_Schepers,
           Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Tav, nikos_, stakagi

    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]svg-a11y-tf charter
          2. [6]svg annotation
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 16 October 2014

    <scribe> scribeNick: ed

svg-a11y-tf charter

    [8]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

       [8] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

    ed: the PFWG has resolved to accept the proposed charter,
    they're asking us to do the same
    ... are there any objections to the proposed charter -
    [9]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement?

       [9] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement?

    Smailus: "SVG2" or "SVG 2"? anyhow looks good to me

    <Smailus> Well SVG][ is coolest

    RESOLUTION: the WG accepts the proposed work statement of
    svg-a11y-tf -
    [10]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

      [10] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

    DS: what is the svg a11y mailinglist?

    <shepazu> public-svg-a11y-comments is the mailing list?

    public-svg-a11y

    (according to the work statement)

    DS: I'd prefer only a single mailinglist, drop
    public-svg-a11y-comments
    ... to not split the discussions
    ... other than that I don't have any comments

    richardschwerdtfeger: fred esch is going to be co-facilitator,
    and he's new with w3c...

    DS: one minor thing, about membership... contact should be
    micheal cooper and myself
    ... we had minor feedback which was incorporated already

    <scribe> ... pending CL's approval will change staff contact to
    be DS

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I'll ping CL about that

    <shepazu> [11]http://shepazu.github.io/annoshape/annoshape.html

      [11] http://shepazu.github.io/annoshape/annoshape.html

svg annotation

    <shepazu> [12]http://shepazu.github.io/annoshape/annoshape.html

      [12] http://shepazu.github.io/annoshape/annoshape.html

    DS: if you click the bullet list it should show you an svg
    overlay on top of the image
    ... it's a url-based syntax for expressing an svg image
    ... meant to go on top of other images
    ... enables highlighting portions of an image for annotation
    ... wanted to make svgwg to be aware of this, want to formalize
    this in some way
    ... point of this is to connect say the hat with some comment
    ... any feedback on the idea of expressing svg as part of the
    url?

    nikos: i'd go really nicely with the superpath id where you can
    reference paths by ids

    DS: we don't have a notion of selection in svg, well for text
    we do, but you can't for example select a circle
    ... if i'm rendering music or math as svg, which various
    plugins do
    ... i want to select some particular note to say, play this at
    a halfnote lower
    ... we dont have the concept of selecting a shape in svg
    ... I'd like to raise an issue for selection of shapes

    ED: agree that it's tied to focus atm, you can do some things
    with tabindex and css focus stylerules

    Smailus: would be nice to associate a given part with some
    comment, e.g for a diagram or schematic

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([14]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-10-16 13:27:16 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [15]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: ed
Inferring Scribes: ed
Default Present: [IPcaller], ed, Smailus, Doug_Schepers, Rich_Schwerdtfe
ger, Tav, nikos_, stakagi
Present: [IPcaller] ed Smailus Doug_Schepers Rich_Schwerdtfeger Tav niko
s_ stakagi
Agenda: [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2014Oct/0011.htm
l

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2014Oct/0011.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 16 Oct 2014
Guessing minutes URL: [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/16-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/16-svg-minutes.html


    [End of [18]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Received on Thursday, 16 October 2014 13:31:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:20 UTC