From: Erik Dahlström [mailto:ed@opera.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 8:35
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Lowercase TR shortnames for svg specs

Hi,
just noticed today that the redirects for the TR pages for the svg specs go from lowercase to uppercase.

I'd prefer the lowercase versions be the canonical urls, instead of the uppercased ones.

Some examples of the redirects today:
http://w3.org/TR/svg -> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/

http://w3.org/TR/svg11 -> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/

http://w3.org/TR/svg2 -> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/

What do people here think about changing the redirects to be the other way around? SVG -> svg and so on.

--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group