Action to bring in aria-describedat and switch the reference from ARIA 1.0 to 1.1 from TPAC meeting Completed

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:07:15 -0600
To: "Gerardo Capiel" <gerardoc@benetech.org>, "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "Erik Dahlstrom" <ed@opera.com>
Cc: "SVG WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>, jbrewer@w3.org, janina@rednote.net, "faulkner steve" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>

Gerardo, Cam, Doug, Erik,

Attribute reference:
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/attindex.html#RegularAttributes
ARIA reference: https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/refs.html
ARIA section: https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#WAIARIAAttributes

Note: The ARIA Implementation guide is for ARIA 1.0 and it is in last call.
We are looking at new implementation guides which would result in a core
implementation for accessibility in general and the separate implementation
guides that would apply to SVG, HTML5.1 and so on. SVG and HTML5 would
reference the core implementation guide. Note: the attribute reference only
references aria-describedat (that is new). The first public working draft
of ARIA 1.1 was to get aria-describedat in a formal document that could be
referenced by ePub to support crowd sourcing of image descriptions.

I have set up a meeting with Gerardo and Freedom Scientific next week to
discuss IFrames and MathML embedding in SVG and how we should provide
access to them (browser accessibility plumbing). We should have similar
discussions with other ATVs.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger