RE: agenda, 8 August 2013 SVG WG telcon

Very nice!

At the same time, also very revolutionary.
Do you think there will be objections from the HTML WGs since you're reusing some of their elements and introducing a new one?
From: Cameron McCormack [cam@mcc.id.au]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:06 PM
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: agenda, 8 August 2013 SVG WG telcon

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> * Ideas for opting in to an improved SVG DOM

Some background for this item.  A couple of weeks ago I spent some time
thinking about what would be needed for the "have a big switch to opt in
to a new SVG DOM" idea that has come up from time to time.  Specifically
I remember Tab mentioning this in Hamburg, saying that it might be
possible to key this off namespaces.

So I wrote up some notes on this.  It's a complete strawman, and might
be considered to be radical; I haven't even decided myself yet whether I
would commit to the idea. :-)  But it's probably useful for us to see
what kinds of changes it would allow and would require.

http://dev.w3.org/SVG/proposals/improving-svg-dom/

It's probably not enough time for people to digest, but we can have
discuss it briefly on the call tomorrow and then come back to it more
substantively later on.