Re: DOM Mutation Events

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I am looking at ineract.html. Is there a reason that the DOM Mutation Events
> are listed for the SVG DOM? From what I recall, mutation events, are usually
> generated in a browse layer outside the DOM for performance reasons. I am
> not sure we need to be including these for SVG Web App. developers.  ... Is
> anyone using these in the wild?

Further, note that Mutation Events are being phased out of the web.
We (Blink) are casually considering eventually just removing them
entirely, as it would simplify a lot of complicated code.

Mutation Observers are the correct way to respond to changes.

~TJ