Re: Broken links in SVG2, problems building

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:52:15 +0100, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Erik,
>>
>> Thursday, March 21, 2013, 4:25:38 PM, you wrote:

>>> I've now fixed that in svg2-tools. Note that it was the pubrules
>>> checker
>>> that suggested the <acronym> markup in the first place :)
>>
>> Yes (for HTML4 and XHTML1). But the html5 validator complains.
>> Thanks for fixing the tools.

>>> Let's try to get that sorted out as quickly as possible.
>>
>> I suspect that some edits have changed IDs in the masking chapter,
>> causing most of the broken fragment links. If that was inadvertent,
>> restoring the IDs would fix them. If spec text has been removed
>> however, then all the other sections that link to it need to be
>> edited.
>>

> Everything that points to the masking section, may should point to the
> masking spec instead. How many references are there?

Quite a number of them.

Editor's drafts may change at any time (and break links). We can't have
such references in a WD.

In light of that I'd like to get a status update on all of the specs we
reference in this fashion. Do we want to publish updated versions of those
specs at the same time, or not?

In any case we should update the SVG2 spec so that it only links to
specific working drafts, like
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-compositing-20120816/ for example.

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group