Re: Status on action for text length

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 23:34:58 +0200, Smailus, Thomas O
<Thomas.O.Smailus@boeing.com> wrote:

> Text Length test suite: build upon existing text-text-01-b [1] and
> upgrade it to SVG2 standards w/ corrections and minor changes (Thomas
> Smailus) (from http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Agenda)
> Which was, we have a test suite already [ text-text-01-b ] and I propose
> I'll update that to be compliant with how the test suites are now
> named/built for SVG2 and make a few corrections and tweaks.
>
> I just need to still figure out where I put the suite, how I get it
> there, etc.  Still learning the logistics of the WG.

We're still waiting for the shepherd testing framework to be put in place
on svgwg.org, but that shouldn't prevent you from creating tests. Below
are the documents I found on the wiki describing the process. For the most
part we want to follow the CSS WG's shepherd style of tests, but using svg
templates as described.

* http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2/Testing_Requirements
* http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2/Test_authoring_guide
* http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Svgwg.org (for the mercurial
setup, for tests use the 'svg2-tests' repo)

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group