Re: svg2: merge in content from SVG Color

On Monday, August 20, 2012, 9:08:28 PM, Leonard wrote:

LR> This is all great stuff - but it's pretty useless unless you can
LR> get the rest of the "HTML family of standards" to also adopt it.

Well, one of them has to be first.

LR> For example, if I have an image with an embedded ICC profile, it
LR> should render exactly the same regardless of whether it is
LR> specified in HTML, CSS, SVG, Canvas, etc...Right now, it's completely inconsistent.

LR> Any chance we could get the rest of the world to align with
LR> some/all of these various color aspects.

CSS should be next (CSS4 Image, perhaps).

Its possible that (with the new editors) we could get Canvas to update, too.

HTML ... lets see how the others do first. HTML5 sort-of talks about rendering and sort-of defers to CSS.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG