It's nice to be back

From: Kelvin Lawrence <klawrenc@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:09:06 -0500
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
I just wanted to say "Hi" and add that it's nice to be back in the SVG WG
after a multi-year break!

I know many of you already and hope to get to know the rest of you soon.
For those that do not know me I was one of the two IBM reps to the
original SVG WG  and I was very "hands on" coding up tests, samples and
one of the very first SVG viewing applications.

Along with Rich Schwerdtfeger, I have rejoined the SVG WG so that we can
discuss some thoughts we have about what it would take to make SVG more
accessible to screen readers and the like.

Despite being away from the WG for a long time, SVG remains in my blood
and I have continued to follow its evolution and create samples and demos.

Cheers
Kelvin

Kelvin R. Lawrence
Distinguished Engineer & CTO, Emerging Internet Software Standards
Master Inventor & Member of the IBM Academy of Technology (
http://www.ibm.com/ibm/academy)
IBM Software Group Strategy & Technology