Re: Last call for css3-backgrounds

On Thursday, February 9, 2012, 5:14:06 PM, Bert wrote:

BB> Hello chairs,

BB> The CSS WG corrected a handful of errors in the CR of "CSS
BB> Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3" and decided to take the draft (briefly) back to LC.

BB> We'd like especially to ask the SVG WG to comment on the changes.

BB> The changes are listed in the changes section[1]. The expected
BB> publication date is Tuesday 14 Feb and the deadline for comments
BB> is March 6. Please, let us know if you plan to send comments, but need more time.

BB>     Title:           CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3
BB>     Editor's draft:  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/
BB>     Deadline:        March 6, 2012

BB> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#changes-2011

Not speaking for the SVG WG as a whole, but these (fairly small) changes either don't affect SVG or are an improvement.

As an example

Section 6.2: Defined slicing of border images that must be sized first to determine slice positions. Added:

    If the image must be sized to determine the slices (for example, for SVG images with no intrinsic size), then it is sized as for an auto-sized background, using the border image area as the default object size in place of the background positioning area.

which is more precise than the previous spec.

I'm sure that we can meet the March 6 deadline, and I volunteer to draft the SVG WG review.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG