CSS filters +color-interpolation-filters (was: RE: Agenda, 16 February 2012 SVG WG telcon)

Hi Chris,

The discussion should be about a).
What colorspace will be used by the CSS shorthand filters including the CSS shaders?
If there is a need for both sRGB and linearRGB, how would we specify this in CSS?

For b), we can have another discussion on how to move color handling forward.
I honestly believe that linearRGB should not be the default. I understand that it is more colorimetrically correct, but for 99% of users it is not.
A colormatrix that divides by 2, should just do that. A gradient from green to red should be 50% red and green in the middle.
Now, for the pixars of the world that DO understand the intricacies of CMS, there should be a way to get DIC handling. The color-interpolation property gets you part of the way but I think we could make it a lot better.

Rik