Re: SVG-ISSUE-2430 (shorthand-presentation): shorthand properties should be allowed as presentation attributes [SVG 2]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:12:38 +1100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Chris Lilley:
> Also, bear in mind that markers are a) not commonly used, especially
> on paths that are also filled or stroked b) not powerful enough for
> some common use cases and c) being revisited for SVG2.

The use of the marker property there was just an example of the general
problem.  I expounded (only just) slightly more in the proposal on the
wiki, which I didn't happen to link to from the issue.  (I realise that
this was a deliberate design decision.)

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Proposals/Shorthand_presentation_attribute

We can discuss this on Thursday.