Re: agenda, 21 June 2012 SVG WG telcon

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:26:04 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, 5:30:14 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Hello there folks,

CM> Below is the agenda for tomorrow's call, but I'm going to have send my
CM> regrets in again I'm afraid

My regrets also for tonight, unfortunately.

CM> * Update on status of and plans for non-SVG2 specs
CM>    http://www.w3.org/mid/4FD96A23.3000106@mcc.id.au

- colour module - been working on that to make it ready to become an integrated chapter
- vector effects - plan to prioritise SVG2 over work on that until SVG2 is a bit further along.

I recall that we discussed earlier that some parts of tiling&layering would be in the SVG2 spec itself, while others that were more strictly cartographic-only would remain in a separate module.

Did we ever have an editor for masking &clipping? Was this being split out so it could be shared with CSS? I saw Lea Verou blogged recently about masking and clipping in SVG vs. the -webkit-whatever property that could do a lot less. If she had been able to apply a mask directly to an H1 instead of wrapping and H1 around and svg ... text then it would have been much cleaner.