Re: List of features from SVG Tiny 1.2 not in SVG 1.1

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 10:24:27 -0700
To: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Cc: SVG Working Group WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Cyril Concolato
<cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following up on ACTION-3100, I've set up a page describing the features that
> are in SVG Tiny 1.2 but not in SVG 1.1 2nd Ed. The page is here:
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG_Tiny_1.2_feature_backport
> I may have missed some or made mistakes. Please review it and comment/modify
> the page.
> This closes the action.

Small question related to this.

Given that colors are already paint servers in SVG, what's the purpose
of <solidColor>?  Is it solely to allow you to fill with a
partially-transparent color?  If so, it seems like we could address
this easily by just adopting the additional color functions defined in
CSS.

~TJ