About radial gradients (Seattle - current gradient issues.)

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:51:53 +0200
To: SVG Working Group WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've started to look a bit at the issue discussed in Seattle about radial gradients. This is related to ACTION-3097 (on ed).

I've found two bugs related to radial gradients in two different implementations:
- In Firefox, if the first stop does not have an offset of 0 and repeat is true, the repeat pattern is applied in the inner circle. I think this is wrong. At least, Chrome, Opera and GPAC agree on the same behavior (see attached bugMozilla.svg).
- In Chrome, if the first stop is 0 and repeat is true, and the focal point does not coincide with the center, the focal point pixel displays a wrong color (the color of the last stop). Firefox, Opera and GPAC display what seems to be the right color (the first stop).

I attach examples. I think the result of the action should probably clarify those aspects as well.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group

bugChrome.svg
(image/svg-xml attachment: bugChrome.svg)

bugMozilla.svg
(image/svg-xml attachment: bugMozilla.svg)