Marking sections of the spec ready for wg/wider review (was: SVG 2 and its Mercurial repositories)

On 03/08/2011 01:31, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> On 30/07/11 9:16 AM, Jonathan Watt wrote:
>> I think we should just style the background of the document pink/light
>> red right now, and then as we "review" sections at later dates put<div
>> class="readyish">  around those sections.
>
> Maybe better would be to have these sections hidden by default, and to
> have an alternate style sheet that can be used to show them.  That way
> we can see what the spec looks like if it would be published, and that
> would be the default view that people looking at the Editor's Draft
> would see.  What do you think?

Sorry, I missed this reply earlier today. I only just saw it now that I've come
to reply to say that I went ahead and checked in this:

https://svgwg.org/hg/svg2/rev/9205059d6889

Basically it makes the background of the doc light red (marking everything as
"to be looked at/worked on"), adds a "ready-for-wg-review" class (background
light yellow) and a "ready-for-wider-review" class (background white).

As stated before, the idea would be that you'd put these classes on a separate
div/span on a separate line, so those entire lines can be removed at the end of
the SVG 2 process.

Anyways, we can always do something completely different, but I just wanted to
get on with this.

FWIW I don't think I'd particularly like to have everything hidden by default
since often things won't really make sense without context. I think the default
view I'd like to see is the whole thing, but color coded to show:

  * what's still to be looked at/worked on before wg review
  * what's ready for wg review
  * what's ready for wider review

Jonathan