Re: About the propagation of events across documents

Hi Cyril.

On 2/08/11 1:39 AM, Cyril Concolato wrote:
> I'm looking for the spec/chapter that the describes the behavior of
> events in case of nested documents. More precisely, I'm interested in
> the behavior of key events when they are not processed by a sub
> document? Should they be forwarded to the parent document? Does it
> depend on the referencing element (<animation>, <foreignObject> ...)? I
> remember some discussion in the past about this problem for mouse
> events, but I can't find the resolution/clarification. Can someone help?

It would depend on the way the inner SVG document is referenced.  For
<object>, the event would not propagate out.  If it was inline, then it
would.  I imagine that DOM Events (or the new DOM Core) defines the
exact propagation for events within a Document, and that it is defined
to stop propagating once it reaches the Window object.  When you have
inline content, you are just propagating normally up the document.