Re: rotated path segment proposal

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:49:20 +1200
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
CC: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, Dirk Schulze <dirk@dschulze.com>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
On 26/07/11 2:44 PM, Alex Danilo wrote:
> It's here:
>
> http://www.svgopen.org/2010/papers/3-Compressing_SVG_with_EXI/index.html
>
> and the details are in section 3.

Thanks.  At the F2F, Cyril also presented the slides from the Telecom
Paristech presentation on path reuse with a <superpath> element.  The WG
decided that even if we add <superpath> and an element-based path
syntax, that it would still be worth adding compact path data syntax for
path segment rotation.  We did discuss the issue of compatibility and we
came to the conclusion that it is acceptable for us to extend the path
data syntax with new commands.

We iterated a little on my original proposal, and I now have ACTION-3084
to write up a full proposal based on those discussions.

Regards,

Cameron