Re: SVG 2 and its Mercurial repositories

From: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:24:07 +0200
To: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 22:16 +0100, Jonathan Watt wrote:
> On 29/07/2011 22:01, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> > On 29/07/11 11:25 AM, Jonathan Watt wrote:
> >> Then it's just "ask questions", I guess. :)
> >
> > First thing to do I guess is to comment out, or use style to hide, all
> > of the existing content.
>
> I think we should just style the background of the document pink/light red right
> now, and then as we "review" sections at later dates put <div class="readyish">
> around those sections.
>
> If we care about being able to strip these "reviewed" markers out at the end of
> the SVG development process, then it would be a good idea to put these opening
> and closing div tags on a separate line. That way they can be removed without
> spoiling hg annotate, and hopefully the removal process would be easier.

Can we also add an "annotation" div class? This would be used to keep
notes, for example:

meeting to align with use by canvas.</p>

The display of annotations would be hidden or shown by style sheets.
They would be hidden in public versions (and could be stripped in the
final version if desired, although, they would be very useful for
keeping a historical record of why things were done the way they are).

						Tav