Re: rotated path segment proposal

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:02:19 +1200
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Cc: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, Dirk Schulze <dirk@dschulze.com>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Leonard Rosenthol:
> So in this case, the second segment in the examples would NOT render
> in existing implementations – and (IMO) that would be BAD (as it's
> data loss).

I don’t see what the problem is with this.  Even if we did have a path
syntax error behaviour that meant that the R/F commands ignored and the
following segments are still rendered, the shape is going to be wrong.
If we want to, we could have a feature string so that authors could have
a fallback path using <switch>.