Re: Distorting text with Inkscape

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:15:25 +1200
To: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Hi Tav,

thanks for putting that summary of Inkscape’s shape/text distortion
effects together.  I look forward to discussing it a bit more during the
F2F slot, which I hope you’ll be able to call in for.

One point without having thought about it too much: I think the case of
doing the text(or shapes)-along-a-path stretching like in Israel’s
examples might be a simpler one to solve than more general warping/
enveloping, and so might be worth solving separately before the other
cases.

Tavmjong Bah: