Re: filters-felem-02-f testcase bug

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:34:56 +0200, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've found a minor bug in one of the SVG 1.1 Second Edition tests,
> filters-felem-02-f.svg [1].

Actually on second thought... it depends on whether bbox offsets make any
sense for anything apart from pure X/Y coordinates (read: x, y, pointsAtX,
pointsAtY).

For stdDeviation for example, if the bbox offset is to be included in the
calculation then the position of the element that the filter is applied to
will change the blur radius (that seems a bit counter-intuitive).
Similarly for dx in feOffset it would be a bit strange if the bbox offset
affected the dx value.

Please disregard my previous email in this thread, I no longer think the
proposed changes are required.

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group