SVG-ISSUE-2413 (event_attributes): Missing event attributes in svg [SVG 2]

From: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:31:29 +0000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

SVG-ISSUE-2413 (event_attributes): Missing event attributes in svg [SVG 2]

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2413

Raised by: Erik Dahlström
On product: SVG 2

Proposal:
Let all event attributes be special in SVG, and reserve the attribute names starting with 'on' for event attributes only. Any event supported by the UA must be available as an event attribute with the name of the event in lowercase prefixed by 'on'.

We should settle on a required list of attributes/events to include in the spec as well, but I think it would help if the rule for future attributes was clear.

Some examples:
onhashchange
onkeypress
onmouseenter