Re: ePub Restrictions on SVG 1.1

I am company 'A' rep to EPUB3 WG ;-) This restriction is a carryover from EPUB2 days which no one proposed to be changed for EPUB3. I agree that SVG animations would make some sense for some books, but the truth is that even static SVG is not fully implemented in existing renderers. Books are much more about XHTML than SVG and adding a lot of extra complexities on SVG side seems unwarranted at this point.

Peter