Summary of discussion about FX work items

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:44:36 -0700
To: SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hello,

Here is the summary of what we discussed during today's call.

2D/3D Transform.

The WG thinks we should have a single FX transform spec. covering 2D and
3D transform and apply to CSS/SVG content in a unified way.

Animation.

The WG thinks that we should:

a. Coordinate with the CSS WG to make sure that both transitions and
animations can be made to work with SVG properties and attributes.

b. Work with the CSS in the FX task force on CSS Animations, in particular
on issues such as keyFrames to try and have a consistent model.

c. Discuss the need for more timing and synchronization support as well as
an animation API and decide if the FX task force is the right place to
have that work.

Vincent