Re: operator script in harness

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:41:56 +0100
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 23:40:35 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

> For those people running the test suite, reading the operator script is
> essential, as it sometimes instructs the operator to perform some
> interaction with the test that is not mentioned explicitly in the pass
> criteria.  Unless there are objections, I will change the harness
> generation script so that it always shows the operator script, rather
> than hiding it unless clicked.

I object, since the main point with the mini harness was to make it
suitable for automated test systems and quick testruns. However, I don't
mind us adding an htmlObjectApproved harness, which could include all
these things (it already does).

> (We could include the test description, hidden unless clicked, since it
> is not necessary to read to operate the test, but still might be useful
> for people wanting to understand how the test works.)

Feel free to make that change to the htmlObject / htmlEmbed harnesses.

Cheers
/Erik