ISSUE-2390 (Web service conformance): Add "web service" conformance class to spec [SVG 2]

From: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:38:55 +0000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-2390 (Web service conformance): Add "web service" conformance class to spec [SVG 2]

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2390

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: SVG 2

In addition to viewers, authoring tools and generators, authors, and accessibility technology, we should add a conformance class for web services, such as search engines or auto-translation services.  This will provide clear expectations and instructions, and may provide incentive for those services to conform to the spec, improving interoperability.

If would be nice if we could specify that conforming operating systems will display SVG images in their file system viewer, but that might be a bridge too far.