min/max values for filters

From: Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:14:16 +0000
To: SVG Working Group WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
We have been looking at the filters chapter and believe that there would be a benefit for setting min/max for some of the attributes.  We are recommending these as currently, without these bounds, most browsers would likely peg the CPU so badly, it would lead it to be inoperable, or are reasonable limits a developer would want or a  user could perceive.  We'd like to see these expressed in a future version of the filters specification, but would like to see it documented.

feConvolveMatrix:  Order (Kernel Units)
Min : (1, 1)
Max: (10, 10)

feConvolveMatrix, feSpecularlighting , feDiffuseLighting: Kernel Unit Length
Min: 0.1
Max: 10

feMorphology: Radius
Max: 150