Re: Agenda item for next Conference Call: Test Suite Analysis

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:32:44 +0200, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> The following test cases include SMIL, which either is not integral to
> the tests, or should be renamed/categorized as animate-
> paths-dom-02-f.svg

That test is not using smil, and is not complete/reviewed yet.

What's your suggested new naming scheme for the tests that depend on
declarative animation?

Here's my proposal:

   pservers-grad-19-b.svg -> animate-pservers-grad-01-b.svg

The criteria being that any test where declarative animation is a required
part prefix the old name with 'animate-' and restart the numbering from 1.

The test that are up for renaming are listed below. There are a few more
in the filters section, a rough estimate of the total number of approved
tests that are likely to be affected: 10-20.

> struct-dom-08-f.svg

Animation isn't integral to this test. Would trying to use
window.setTimeout (if it exists) be ok? And if setTimeout is not found
fallback to using an animate element. This is one of the tests for SVG
1.1F2 spec changes.

> interact-events-203-t.svg
> interact-pevents-07-t.svg

For these tests I would like to see an equivalent test using script.

> interact-pevents-02-t.svg

No objections to renaming. There's an equivalent script-based test
already: interact-pevents-01-b.svg.

> interact-pevents-201-t.svg

No objections to renaming. There's an equivalent script-based test
already: interact-pevents-08-f.svg

> interact-pevents-202-t.svg

No objections to renaming. There's an equivalent script-based test
already: interact-pevents-09-f.svg

> script-elem-01-b.svg
> struct-dom-09-b.svg
> pservers-grad-19-b.svg