Re: review comments on interact-pointer-04-f.svg

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 06:07:59 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

> Erik Dahlstrom:
>> I took the liberty of adding some more subtests there, one showing
>> an empty mask element, and one where the opacity has been moved to a
>> g element inside the mask.
>
> OK, cool.  For those two cases, I think it’s clearer in the spec that
> they will cause pixels not to be painted.

Right. I added them for completeness and comparison only.

I think opacity on mask is a specialcase. It's a container element sure,
but it's special in that it never renders directly to the canvas[1], so
one could argue that since the mask is never rendered directly the opacity
shouldn't apply to the mask element[2][3].

Btw shouldn't [2] be saying "How container elements are rendered" instead
of "How groups are rendered"?

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/masking.html#MaskElementHeightAttribute
(see paragraph just below here... also id's for each paragraph would be
nice to have)
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/render.html#Grouping
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/render.html#ClippingMaskingObjectOpacity

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group