Re: ISSUE-2384: Order of rx / ry computation for rounded rects [SVG Full 1.1]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:49:24 +1300
To: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Cc: SVG Working Group WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Alex Danilo:
> So, it's default then clamp as clearly specified.

I don’t think it’s clear at all. :-)  The two sentences

  If a properly specified value is provided for ‘rx’ but not for ‘ry’,
  then the user agent processes the ‘rect’ element with the effective
  value for ‘ry’ as equal to ‘rx’.

and

  If ‘ry’ is greater than half of the height of the rectangle, then the
  user agent processes the ‘rect’ element with the effective value for
  ‘ry’ as half of the height of the rectangle.

seem to me to give conflicting definitions of what the effective value
for ‘ry’ is.