xlink:href vs href

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:39:56 +1300
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
I’m just briefly looking at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Href.
In the “Resolution” section it says

  When serialized, all attribute are retained as set in the original
  document

but in the “Serialization” section it says

  For serialization, user agents should use href without the XLink
  namespace declaration or prefix.

These seem to be in conflict.  Presumably the former is the way we want
to go?  (Requiring serialization that is not the default way elements
are serialized doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.)