Review of filter tests.

From: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:07:10 +0200
To: SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

	I have reviewed five of the filter test. Four look good, one has a
problem (filters-offset-02.b.svg). As I don't have access to CVS yet (or
know where the relevant file is), I'll post the results here.

	I also have one question: Why doesn't the test template pass the W3C
validator at http://validator.w3.org?

						Tav

filters-felem-02-f.svg

	Passes: Firefox 4, Opera,
	Fails: Batik, Chrome, Inkscape

	Review: OK (But does the polygon (star) really
	need 15 decimal places of precision?)

filters-gauss-02-f.svg:

	Passes: Opera, Chrome, Batik
	Fails: Inkscape, Firefox 4.

	Review: OK

filters-gauss-03-f.svg

	Passes: Chrome, Batik
	Fails: Inkscape, Firefox 4, Opera

	Review: OK

filters-image-03-f.svg

	Passes: Firefox 4, Opera, Batik
	Fails: Inkscape, Chrome,

	Review OK except typo(?) 20.4% -> 20.8% in "width specified"
	(also, unused filter def: "x_specified").

	Here are the details as they are a bit of a pain to figure out:

	All filters:
	  filterUnits not specified, defaults to objectBoundingBox.
	  x=0, y=0, width=1, height=1 -> filter region = bounding box.

 	  viewport is viewbox which is 0 0 480 360
	  primitiveUnits not specified, defaults to userSpaceOnUse
	  preserveAspectRatio defaults to xMidYMid meet

	Top row
	1. Default:
	   x defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   y defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   width  defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)
	   height defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)

        2. All specified relative
	   x = 20.8%        = 100/480 (0.2083)
	   y =    0%	   =   0/360 (0.0)
	   width  = 10.4%   =  50/480 (0.1042)
	   height = 13.8%   =  50/360 (0.1388)

	3. All specified absolute
	   x = 200
	   y = 0
	   width  = 50
	   height = 50

	4. y Specified
	   x defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   y = 0%  = 0/360
	   width  defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)
	   height defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)

        Bottom row
	1. Width specified
           x defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
           y defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   width  20.4%    97.92/480 **** Should be 20.8%
	   height defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)

	2. Height specified
           x defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
           y defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   width defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)
	   height 27.6%   99.36/360

	3. Width and height specified
	   x defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   y defaults to 0% relative to filter region (special case)
	   width  20.8%   99.8/480  (x2)
	   height 27.6%   99.36/360 (x2)

        4. x, y specified
	   x = 67.7%  = 325.0
	   y = 34.6%  = 125.0
 	   width  defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)
	   height defaults to 100% of filter region (special case)

filters-offset-02.b.svg

	Passes: Opera
	Fails: Inkscape, Firefox 4, Chrome, Batik

	Review: Not OK:

	  Left most square:

	       No primitive filter region defined for feImage.
	       According to the spec, the primitive filter region
	       defaults to the smallest subregion for all referenced
	       nodes which in this case is the primitive filter region
	       of feFlood. This region is not large enough to account
	       for the displacement. If the primitive filter region is
	       enlarged, Firefox 4 and Chrome will pass.