W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > July to September 2010

Minutes Sept 30 2010 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:31:52 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.vju7feftgeuyw5@mbp.local>
Minutes as html:


   http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html


and as text:


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

30 Sep 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0144.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           ed

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]SVG 1.1 implementation report / testsuite
          2. [6]TPAC
          3. [7]next f2f (after tpac)
          4. [8]css/svg 2d transforms
          5. [9]html change requests
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 30 September 2010

    <shepazu> Zakim:, room for 7?

    <ChrisL> i'm having a problem connecting, zakim says the conference
    is restricted

    <scribe> scribeNick: ed

SVG 1.1 implementation report / testsuite

    ed: we should get started on the 1.1 implementation report

    CL: have an action to go through old tests and mark them properly as
    reviewed/approved
    ... will do that tomorrow

    ed: will hopefully have some automated tests for checking in
    tomorrow

    cl: the css wg did some automated tests too

    ed: all this is using the test.w3.org testing framework
    ... what do we need to do to get started on the implementation
    report?

    cl: did we agree to use the same template as before, the xml-files
    generated by the svg perl scripts?

    ed: yes, if it still works

    ag: checking this now
    ... they are being generated

    ed: we need to make sure that only accepted tests are in the test
    status xml-file
    ... currently it's probably using the list of tests that are in the
    harness, which includes drafts

    <scribe> ACTION: AG to generate the svg 1.1f2 implementation report
    test status xml-template consisting of the list of all accepted SVG
    1.1 tests [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2877 - Generate the svg 1.1f2
    implementation report test status xml-template consisting of the
    list of all accepted SVG 1.1 tests [on Anthony Grasso - due
    2010-10-07].

    ed: do we need to re-run previous 1.1 tests, or can we run just the
    new tests?

    cl: we could, but it's probably better to re-run everything

    (discussion on who has actions for testing various implementation)

    ag: just regenerated the test status template, need to get the list
    of tests to include

    ed: sent
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/014
    0.html (some tests that need review)
    ... if we need to change the spec to address 1.1F2, we will need to
    add more tests
    ... how do we deal with that?

      [12]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0140.html

    cl: we can merge old test results with new test results
    ... most tests won't change
    ... avoid repeating work

    ds: we should only test tests that changed, or where previously it
    was a fail

    ag: we could generate the blank impl query, and start merging bits
    that we know results for

    ds: is this a job for xslt?

    cl: not very good at taking two input documents

    ds: what's the process, how are we going to do this?

    ag: i have the action mentioned above, to generate the test report

    ds: what's the automated process?

    cl: not there yet, but merge old results, generate new template with
    those results
    ... this is mostly for when we add a small amount of new tests

    ds: if we put the results into a database it might be easier

    cl: sure, that means we don't use the xml templates

    ds: so it's mostly about how we do this in an easy way
    ... a CSV file can easily be imported into SQL
    ... don't know how we want to automate the process
    ... we should talk to the testing taskforce

    ed: so the testing framework seems to have provisions for automated
    (scriptdriven) tests, and produces an html report, but not sure
    about manual/interactive tests

    <shepazu>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview

      [13] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview

TPAC

    ds: people should register for TPAC as soon as possible

    cl: the daily charge goes up soon

    ds: we need to set up a meeting with the css group
    ... CL can you setup an FX taskforce meeting?

    <scribe> ACTION: CL to set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS WG for
    TPAC 2010 [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2878 - Set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS
    WG for TPAC 2010 [on Chris Lilley - due 2010-10-07].

    ed: any other groups we want to meet with?

    ag: html, xsl?

    ds: do we need to meet with webapps?
    ... there will be discussion of DOM 3 Events
    ... one open issue for DOM 3 Events is that DOM 3 Events doesn't
    have a way to normalize x and y coordinates (for transforms etc)

    cl: what does that means?

    ds: it's to deal with screenCTM etc

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to contact jwatt regarding DOM 3 Events and
    mouse events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3 Events
    [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2879 - Contact jwatt regarding DOM 3
    Events and mouse events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3
    Events [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-10-07].

next f2f (after tpac)

    ed: what's the status?

    ds: jwatt is investigating mozilla hosting in new zeeland

    <shepazu> Jonathan Watt wrote (on 9/13/10 9:26 PM):

    <shepazu> Okay, got approval. Mozilla will host a F2F in Auckland in
    January/February

    <shepazu> (other date could be fine too, but the weather is good
    then).

    <shepazu>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Testing_Framework

      [16] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Testing_Framework

    cl: tpac is november, so january sounds a bit early

    ed: late february would be good, since tpac is in november

    cl: sounds good to me

    ds: will communicate that to jwatt

    ed: would be nice to get the meetings wikipage updated with the
    details for the auckland f2f

    ds: will remind him about that too

    <anthony>
    [17]http://dev.w3.org/Graphics-FX/modules/2D-transforms/spec/2DTrans
    forms.html

      [17]  
http://dev.w3.org/Graphics-FX/modules/2D-transforms/spec/2DTransforms.html

css/svg 2d transforms

    ag: many changes, see changelog for the history
    ... mostly ready for publishing

html change requests

    ds: html wg is trying to freeze changes to html5, and they want
    changerequests in today or tomorrow
    ... the treatment of param elements was one thing i know of, they're
    static and don't update
    ... i'm filling out a change req for that
    ... anything else we need to ask for?
    ... referring to the SVG integration spec, maybe?

    CL: i thought we had already agreed to doing that

    ed: yes, would be good

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: AG to generate the svg 1.1f2 implementation report
    test status xml-template consisting of the list of all accepted SVG
    1.1 tests [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: CL to set up a FXTF meeting with the CSS WG for TPAC
    2010 [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: ed to contact jwatt regarding DOM 3 Events and mouse
    events normalization, and send LC feedback on DOM 3 Events [recorded
    in [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([22]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/09/30 21:29:38 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [23]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: ed
Inferring Scribes: ed

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: CL ChrisL IPcaller P13 aaaa aabb ag anthony ds ed joi
ned scribeNick shepazu svg trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSe
p/0144.html
Found Date: 30 Sep 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ag cl ed

      [24]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JulSep/0144.html
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-svg-minutes.html

    End of [26]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Thursday, 30 September 2010 21:33:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:12 UTC