Re: Fwd: Proposed changes for units.

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 15:36 +0200, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:09:56 +0200, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> > 6.12 The 'style' attribute
> >
> > Add period to end of sentence in first paragraph, followed by:
> >
> > "Property declarations must follow CSS style rules thus CSS defined
> > properties (e.g. 'font-size') with a <length> value must include a
> > unit (for non-zero values). See 6.1 for a list of CSS defined
> > properties."
>
> I don't understand the first sentence of this new paragraph.

I think I see the problem... this is probably clearer:

"CSS defined properties (e.g. 'font-size') must follow CSS syntax and
thus require units for non-zero <length> values. See 6.1 for a list of
CSS defined properties."

or even simpler:

"CSS defined properties (e.g. 'font-size') require units for non-zero
<length> values. See 6.1 for a list of CSS defined properties."

Oh, and it is meant to be added to the first paragraph, not an
independent paragraph.

> > 7.10 Units:
> >
> > Change first line from:
> >
> > All coordinates and lengths in SVG can be specified with or without a
> > unit identifier.
> >
> > to:
> >
> > "All coordinates and lengths in SVG can be specified with or without a
> > unit identifier. (Note that CSS defined properties used in a CSS style
> > sheet or the 'style' attribute require units for lengths, see 6.1.)"
>
> That's not entirely true. You can specify '0' without a unit in CSS.
> That's the only exception though AFAIK.

OK, change to "require units for non-zero lengths".

     Tav