From: public-svg-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-svg-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Chris Lilley
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:47 AM
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Subject: non-ICC rendering intents and black preservation

Hello public-svg-wg,

I noticed the following in the LCMS2 tutorial:

> LittleCMS 2.0 does add following non-ICC intents by default:
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_ONLY_PERCEPTUAL
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_ONLY_RELATIVE_COLORIMETRIC
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_ONLY_SATURATION
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_PLANE_PERCEPTUAL
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_PLANE_RELATIVE_COLORIMETRIC
> • INTENT_PRESERVE_K_PLANE_SATURATION
> All those new intents deal with black preservation. They are described below, see the black preservation section.

This impacts us two ways, one is the preserve-black issue and the other is that the list of rendering intents is no longer limited to four standard ones. So it seems we need an additional string value as well as the keywords.

Link to the docs
http://github.com/mm2/Little-CMS/blob/master/doc/LittleCMS2.0%20tutorial.pdf

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead