Re: ISSUE-2311 (anchor events): Anchor events (anchorActivated, anchorTargeted) [SVG Core 2.0]

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:46:47 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mar 8, 2010, at 11:41 , Doug Schepers wrote:
>> Robin Berjon wrote (on 3/8/10 5:25 AM):

>>> There's already been work on this, see:
>>>
>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.onhashchange
>>
>> Ah, good.  ("hashchange" is a terrible name, but...)
>
> You don't say, but hey, it's there.
>
>> Is there also an event when a link is activated?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for precisely here, the
> click event is dispatched when a link is activated (even if not by
> clicking) — or am I missing something?

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#BeginValueListSyntax

Specify begin="indefinite" and the animation can be started by a hyperlink
to that animation element, which I think addresses at least a part of your
use-case.

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group