Re: binding license language

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:14:59 -0500
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Hi, Chris-

Chris Lilley wrote (on 2/12/10 10:30 AM):
> Hello public-svg-wg,
>
> Philippe has just updated the W3C guide to suggest licensing wording for specifications that include APIs or bindings
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/binding-license.html
>
> We should put the same language in our specs.

Well-spotted, Chris.  I strongly agree.  For convenience, we may still
want to provide the raw bindings in a separate file, but it makes sense
to have the bindings in the document be under the same reusable license
(rather than the more restrictive document license).

As a side note, I had to issue an errata on Element Traversal exactly
for this reason... I'd forgotten to supply the bindings as a separate
document, leading to license problems.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs