Re: Agenda June 22, 2010 SVG WG telcon

On Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 12:27:51 PM, Erik wrote:

ED> Hello svg-wg,

ED>    time: June 22, 2010, 20.00 UTC [1]
ED>    phone bridge: +1 617-761-6200 (Zakim)
ED>    passcode: 7841

I have not had confirmation of the telcon booking change, so we may need to use a temporary conference code this week.

ED>    irc channel: #svg on irc.w3.org:6665

ED> Please take note of the new telcon time for Tuesday (replaces the Monday
ED> telcon time). The telcon time for Thursdays is still the same as before.

ED> Agenda:

ED> * Publishing SVG 1.1

Published a couple of hours ago
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-SVG11-20100622/

ED>     - tracking comments

We could use an issue in tracker, or we could maintain some sort of xml document as we have in the past,
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/DoC/Tiny12DoC.html

or we could use the W3C last call comment tracker

http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/

although documentation is ... scanty. It seems to want a single-page spec but seems unable to handle a long single page spec.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /afs/w3.org/pub/WWW/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/comments.phi  on line 586

I think we need something a bit more robust.

ED> * Telcon schedule over the summer

My regrets for Thurs 24th, Tues 29th and Thurs 1 July (travel).
Starting 16 Aug I will be on travel right up to the Paris f2f and SVG Open.

ED> * SVG 1.1 testsuite

There are a few open actions and one open issue
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/products/3

Inkscape contributed an implementation report (or rather, a new harness with images made by inkscape as well as the svg and referece PNG, so someone can go through the harness and collect together an implementation report).

ED> * [CSS21] Cascade of SVG presentational attributes
ED>     http://www.w3.org/mid/4C1A8A47.6060203@inkedblade.net

The same somewhat funky language was in 1.1 first edition
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/styling.html#UsingPresentationAttributes

The proposed wording for CSS 2.1 looks good to me.

The proposed wording for other SVG specs looks a bit short (I would tend to reiterate the important "specificity zero" part) but otherwise good.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG