Re: Rendering Order Proposal

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:28:37 -0400
To: andrew@emmons.com
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Hi, Andrew-

Andrew Emmons wrote (on 10/23/09 10:00 AM):

> Hello SVG WG!
>
> Please find within this e-mail a proposal for controlling the
> rendering order of SVG documents. I have also provided an example
> with attached screenshot.

Thanks very much.  I've reworked this into spec format:

  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/renderorder/SVGRenderOrder.html

JWatt mentioned he also has a proposal written up, and several of the
rest of us also have thoughts on the matter, so let's see if we can push
this through quickly.  This is something many developers have wanted for
a while.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs